The siblings died after electrical short circuit caused fire while they were asleep.
A fire caused by an electrical short circuit killed six siblings as they slept in Lahore on Sunday, police said.
The fire broke out in the early morning at a two-story house in the Shad Bagh area while the family was asleep, said local police station official Mohammad Basharat. “When rescue services arrived, all six children, three boys and three girls, were found dead,” Basharat said.
The mother was rescued alive but wounded and has been hospitalized, he said, adding that the father was not at home when the fire broke out.
Lahore’s senior administration official Mohammad Usman confirmed the incident and said that the victims were between seven and 16 years old. Three of the children suffocated, he said, while the other three died of their burns.