Home Latest News Nine Dead of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Nine Dead of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

by AFP
File Photo. Asif Hassan—AFP

File Photo. Asif Hassan—AFP

Local official says the victims inhaled noxious fumes from a generator installed outside their room.

At least nine people, all women and children, died after inhaling noxious fumes from an electricity generator outside their house in Balochistan province on Thursday, officials said.

The incident happened in Killi Karbala village. “These people were asleep in the same room and inhaled poisonous gases emitted by an electricity generator installed outside their room,” said senior local administration official Bashir Ahmad Bazai. He said the nine—three women and six children—were found dead Thursday morning.

Frequent blackouts due to a long-standing energy crisis in Pakistan have forced many to turn to generators to power their homes, but safety standards are generally low and deaths due to carbon monoxide inhalation are not uncommon.

Related Articles

Leave a Comment